LOST & FOUND


LOST & FOUND
            I looked at my clock, displaying 3 a.m. I was still awake, not getting sleep. And it was obvious, because no person would ever get sleep, the night before his marriage. I was continuously listening to the sound of the clock, slow but steady and continuous. I was thinking about our most unconventional type of story. Different from all other stories I’d ever heard of.
            I first met her in my college days. The three most precious years of my life. I will never forget these years and the memories attached with it. Some things in life are not meant to be forgotten. Precious than gold, diamonds and all other things.
            On the very first day of introduction, I started noticing her. She was quite beautiful. But when I discussed about her with my friend, he didn’t find her beautiful. But, t didn’t care about his opinion. I know that I liked her and nothing else mattered.
            Soon we became friends and gradually good friends. I enjoyed her company. She was so comforting, caring and loving. I always tried to get seat next to her. Even at times, I was envious of other boys talking to her. Days of restless longing and heartbreak were unfamiliar to me. I had never been through the inviting road of love.
            Though I was in love with her but I was never going to propose her. There were two main reasons for this. Love was the first reason itself because, I loved her so much that I really feared of losing her. And I didn’t even know whether she loved me or not. Proposing her might make her feel awkward, which may end our friendship. And the second reason was that if I am proposing her, indirectly I am promising her to marry and no one should promise until and unless he is damn sure. I wasn’t sure because anything can happen in five years. As I can only marry her after completing my education and being an independent person whish would definitely take five years. According to me only an independent person can enjoy love in true sense and be loved and has the right to love.
            Life doesn’t goes where you want it to take. One bad day I revealed and shared all my feelings to one of my common friend. She promised me to keep my secrets but as Shakespeare had said, “If you yourself can’t keep your secrets then how you do expect others to do so”. And finally the cat was out of the bag.
            As I thought, she ain’t had any feeling towards me and felt awkward talking to me. She started ignoring me and gently winds shattered the fragile castle of cards. We had conversation very rarely and that too very short and precise.
Other two years passed by and we never spoke to each other. I always used to rob a glimpse of her while she was busy in her work. I was still happy and satisfied in what I had. I graduated and left the college, now moving ahead leaving behind old things. I done my masters and got a good job.
            I earned well and became independent. Now I was ready to propose and marry a girl. But I didn’t find any girls who were single and ready to mingle.
            One fine day, I was shocked to see her. I met her while I was returning back from my office. I was returning back from my office. I was so happy that it was inexpressible. Without missing such an opportunity I directly asked her for coffee. We entered a coffee shop, ordered two cups of aromatic coffee.
            She asked me about my life and I just said what I did after college and what I am doing right now. She was happy with my life. I asked about hers. She hesitated a bit while replying. I said it’s absolutely fine if she don’t want to answer me. After sometime she answered. She had married to her boy friend but now she is divorcee with one cute little girl without father. But she refused giving me stupid reasons like she has one girl, etc. But finally our discussion ended with her yes.
            Now it’s still 4.30 am on my clock and I still have some time left to plan about my family or is it already planned.

Comments

  1. hey first thing it clicked me dat to xpress love is not always abt marriage u can say whenevr u feel its just a beautiful feeling with no bondage of u know abt promises n all...
    n u can end up with some lesson in ur story n ya that will b purely upon readers understanding pt. of view n ya again a good piece of writing, interesting words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i understand and respect your statement... m glad for your comments...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tera Woh Pyar (Nawazishein Karam) – English Translation and Literary Appreciation

Top 10 Old Bollywood songs to enjoy while drinking

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi - English Translation and Literary Appreciation