Clouds of Uncertainty


Clouds of Uncertainty
As usual train was 25 minutes late. I was thinking when the train will arrive and will sit on my seat and have a sign of relief. But, actually I was unhappy leaving my native place and going back to the busy and stressful life of Mumbai. At last train arrived and as a well cultured boy I touched my elder’s feet and gave five to all my cousins. I grabbed my bag and moved into the train. I left my bag under my seat and came near the exit door to give my final bye to all. Soon the train started and I was standing near the door until the station vanished from my sight.
Moving back to my seat, there was a couple with a child. The woman was plump and was breast feeding her child, covering the exposed part of her body. Her husband was stripped to bone. Next to them were a girl and a boy and the latter was trying to get a glimpse of the exposed part of the lady feeding her child.
I had no interest in them and started looking outside the window. Hills, river, cliffs, farms, fields and mountains much more beautiful than any other thing in this world. My window was my TV where channels kept on changing automatically.
Like a Cradle the train was rocking like and soon I fell asleep. The delicate glass of sleep filled with intoxicating wine of dreams was soon broke by a jerk. I opened my eyes and looked out of the window. On the yellow board with black bold letters was written MAHUVA. I quickly started searching for that girl, though I knew that she wasn’t there. The girl whom I met while coming to my native place from Mumbai.
            While going to my native place I first saw her, distinct from the crowd, beautiful and graceful waiting for the train to arrive and so was I. I wish her to be in my compartment.
            As the train arrived I rushed into my compartment but didn’t found her. I got my seat opposite to the two parallel seats of my compartment. From here I was able to see my neighbouring compartments too.
            I was shocked to find that girl in my neighbouring compartment. I was very happy and also thankful to my seat as I was able to look her easily.
            But with her there was an aged man, maybe her uncle or father. He had grey hair and a big moustache. He was chewing betel leaf and red juice was leaking from the corner of his lips, which made him look like a vampire, an Indian Vampire. Just for a chance I looked at her and we exchanged our glances, which gave me a positive sign, that she was interested in me. But, I was afraid of the man sitting next to her. I waited and waited until the old man fall asleep. Now there was no hurdle between me and that angel. We both robbed glimpses of each other, playing hide n seek of eyes.
            Ultimately I gathered all my courage and dared to give her a beautiful smile. Though I was scared about her negative reaction and even I didn’t wanted myself getting into any kind of problem. But on my surprise she smiled back. That smile just robbed the soul from my body. It made me insane, but I enjoyed each and every second of that insanity.
            Communication gained momentum via sign language n lip reading. I experienced the theory of relativity and never knew when the sand of the time glass slipped down. I wanted some more sand but there was no one to sell sand, not even god. Soon Sun was replaced by Moon and finally the sand in the time glass slipped empty. The lights went off paralyzing our communication.
            Whole night I didn’t sleep, experiencing my life’s first insomnia. Thoughts of her kept on hovering over my head the whole night. Simultaneously, I planned our wedding and even kids. How fool I was? I was just waiting for the sun to rise to restart our lovely conversation.
            Early morning, I looked at her and was shocked to find dews in her eyes. I immediately asked her what the reason behind her wet eyes is. She said she was getting off the next station, MAHUVA. Soon without wasting any single precious moment I asked for contact number or any other medium aiding contact between us. I received more tears as my answer. She puzzled me and I started thinking what wrong I did asking her contact number. Again I asked her why she is crying and she showed me her hands. One towards me and other pointing that old man with her. And her hands were printed with MEHANDI……

Comments

  1. well forgetting abt sad part all was going good
    n i like ur article
    u write very good no doubt
    n i think u hv poet in u as it seems in ur writing

    keep it up!!! when ever u feel
    bye :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx alot well wisher... i am writing a story n soon i will publish it just busy in something... :)keep visiting...

      Delete
  2. I like the sincerity with which you write.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tera Woh Pyar (Nawazishein Karam) – English Translation and Literary Appreciation

Top 10 Old Bollywood songs to enjoy while drinking

Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi - English Translation and Literary Appreciation